Friday, May 24, 2013

Week 20...Monday...Mendhi

Today, I thought I was going to explore Gujarat.  
But instead, VD's wife Mital came to the hotel and gave me a mendhi tatoo. 

Mital, her one-year old daughter Manatya, and a friend.


She had a book filled with patterns for the hands and feet.  It was overwhelming.  Although I could see the differences, it really didn't matter.  They all looked good.  So I told her to just do whatever she wanted.  



I never expected such an AMAZING job!!!

It was very calming and soothing.  While she worked, her little girl played around the room.


After she was done, she told me (in broken English) to wait until the afternoon.  Then wash with lemon.

Then she left.

My hands were covered with wet henna (my fingertips especially)...and I was alone...

Hmmmm.....

Luckily, I'm good with my feet.  I took some photos with my feet.


Then I turned on the TV.  The movie choices weren't the best...but they were something at least.  I watched the travesty of a movie called "Eragon".  Ug.  It's like they never read the book at all.  And they butchered it so badly it would be impossible to make the other 3 books into movies.  Double Ugh!!!  Hopefully someone will remake the movie and do all 4 books...only good!

I used the movie as my timer.  While I was waiting, housekeeping came to straighten the room.  When he saw my hands he laughed, and said I needed lemon. Then he left.

Right about the time the movie was ending (about an hour later), he came back with a bowl full of lemon juice and some cotton balls.  How cool is that!!!

The lemon juice worked wonders...and the final product is simply AMAZING. 

I love it!!!




Tomorrow...more exploration in Jamnagar!

1 comment: