Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 18...Wednesday...The Adventure Begins

I spent the morning snuggling with all the kids in bed!!!  Spencer woke up Riley because he needed to leave for work and wanted to say goodbye!  We finished packing the last of the things.  Then Grams came, loaded up the kids, and drove away.
 It was HARD watching them go...but I kept myself busy. 
I cleaned the apartment.  The kitchen (dishes, counters, floors), the laundry (washed, dried, put away), the porch (swept, windows), the bathroom (sink, toilet, shower, mirror), and the rooms (organized, beds made, fresh sheets, vacuumed) are all SUPER CLEAN.  And the best part...they will stay that way for THREE WEEKS!!!
After the apartment was ready, I finished packing our bags.  Then I ran a few last minute errands.  Finally, Spencer was home from work and ready to go.

 As we were loading the car, we got an email from United Airlines that our plane would be delayed 2 hours due to air traffic control.  Our connection in Newark was only 1 1/2 hours.  So...we called United and spent about 30 minutes discussing our options.  Finally, we decided to keep the flight, get a hotel in Newark, and fly to India the next day.  We were already packed and ready and wanted to be on our way.


In all the years of coming to GSP, this was the first time that I ever went through security and saw what lay beyond the escalator!!!

We flew above the clouds.
The flight to Newark was smooth.  We found the hotel shuttle easy enough.

We ordered pizza and wings from New York Fried Chicken for dinner.

Then to bed.

Tomorrow...we explore New York instead of Mumbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment