Thursday, May 10, 2012

Whole-Foods Challenege...Day Three

Today I was craving something chocolate and sweet...so it was a little hard.  Especially since we still had lots of chocolate and sweet things still in the house.  We haven't had time to do a "purge".

But...I was able to make up some granola and that totally saited the sweet dragon!

Hailey got upset when she realized that we couldn't have sherbert.  But I think we'll eventually get our own ice-cream maker and make our own.  I probably need to make a smoothee and then she'll be satisfied.

Breakfast:
Bananas and nuts.
(We had to rush to Isaiah's therapy...and we were all content with bananas and nuts.)

Lunch:
PB&J

Dinner:
Beef roast with carrots.
Roasted red potatoes.
Salad with home-made ranch dressing.

We have been learning to use a crock pot.  We can make some AWESOME pig-ribs.  But anything beef always turns out dried out and over cooked.  We used a meet thermometer this time...and yes...we overcooked it again.  Hmmm...not sure what to do about that!

I mixed up a batch of ranch seasoning.  Then I added some to equal parts sour cream and milk.  It tasted good, but was a little on the runny side.  Next time, I think I'll use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream!

Home-made Ranch Seasoning

Waiting to eat!!!

Dinner is served.

No comments:

Post a Comment