Sunday, May 13, 2012

Whole-Foods Challenege...Day Seven...Mother's Day

It was interesting being on the "diet" for Mother's Day.  Some of my favorite recipees were not easily adaptable to the diet (lasagna...noodles not good; stroganoff...noodles not good). 

But, I had just had an amazing pizza the night before, so that was a good start.

For breakfast, I wanted Banana Pancakes.  But...my girls had eaten all the bananas this week...so we had no "ripe" bananas to use.  Spencer used "fresh" bananas.  The texture was fine, but the pancakes weren't as sweet.  Still good.

Interesting note....as we were going through the cupboard, Spencer wanted to keep the "fake" syrup for after the diet.  Then, today, he used the 100% Maple Syrup on the pancakes.  He looked up and said, "we can totally throw the other stuff away...this is amazing!!!"  I think he thought the maple syrup would be like our cane syrup, which has a slightly bitter kick to it.

At church, the Primary had the kids package up Hersey's Kisses to give to their mothers.  Since I have 3 kids in Primary, I got 3 baggies of candy.  I felt like such a bad mother, but I just threw them away.  (Hailey had already snagged one and ate a candy in the car as we were buckling up the younger two!!!)  But...the kids had already given me much better gifts.

And teaching them how to eat properly (and enjoy doing so) is more important that eating candy!!!

On Sundays, we always throw something in the crock-pot so it's mostly ready when we get home.  This time it was a pork roast.  We made our own Mustard/Honey BBQ sauce.

I'm sure we'll have some kind of snack later tonight.  But, overall the day has gone really well.  I'm still craving some kind of dessert-like sweet...brownies, cookies, something chewy.

I think I may try making the maple breakfast cookies and seeing how they taste.
Hummmm.

Breakfast:
Banana Pancakes with Maple Syrup

Lunch/Dinner:
Pulled Pork with home-made BBQ sauce
"Mashed" caulifower
Sauteed squash (from a co-worker) with parmesean cheese
Roasted red potatoes.

YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment