If you know me, you know I LOVE TO QUILT.
In Spartanburg, I had my very own quilting room...which was heavenly for a mother of (then) 3. I could quilt, stop whenever I was needed, and just walk away. Close the door and the quilt could stay in limbo indefinately...hours, days, weeks, or even months. Like I said, heavenly. Sigh.
Well..we moved and I could not convince the movers to pack my sewing room. I LOVE my new house. Love the yard, love the pool, love the view, love the artsy-feel to the home. BUT...it does not have a room that lends itself as a quilting room.
6 months and another child and I had reached my limit. It was TIME to figure out how I could quilt...or I would just go INSANE.
You see...quilting is my "sanity excercise". I'm convinced that every stay-at-home parent needs one activity as a mental and emotional release. Something to remind you what being an adult feels like. Something to remind you that there is more to life than dishes and laundry and diapers and messes and meals. You get my drift.
It doesn't have to be crafty. It could be reading, photography, blogging, cooking, costuming, running, swimming, etc.
For me...it's quilting. And I haven't had access. And I am going insane.
SO...enough was enough.
Spencer helped (okay...Spencer DID and I helped) hang up my design wall. Then we moved my quilting frame into position. We discussed where to put the sewing table, and decided our room would be best. It'll be the easiest to keep the kids away from and will give me a beautiful view to watch while quilting.
I had to clean out the wheels on the chair so that they wouldn't scratch our hard-wood floors. There were 5 rollers. The "mess" is from just 3...I had 2 more to go. The 2 on the left are what the other 3 (including the one on the right) looked like before I removed contless years worth of stuff!
SIGH. Now I have a cleaned and ready space for my quilting. Next weeked, Spencer will tackle my quilting closet (adding shelving) so that I can unpack my fabric and stuff. Then I can finally get back to quilting...and maybe regain some SANITY!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment