Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week 2...Rain, Rain, Go Away

 So...I figured out why I can't upload pictures.  Internet Explorer won't let me!  So...know I 'm using Google Chrome.

This week was VERY rainy.  Rainy...and grey...and cold.  And after all that...we didn't get a drop of snow!  Boo!!!

It was hard to get out of bed.  It was hard to stick to our schedule.  We usually didn't start school until after the gym/lunch.  So...instead of taking 1-2 hours...it took 4-5 hours.  Grrrr...  It was a dull, cold week. YUCK!

Here is our week...oldest to youngest.

Spencer
Spencer flew to Chicago.  Up in the morning, back at night.  Modern travel is truly amazing!

Rebecca
Attended a lovely RS meeting on Tuesday and had lots of fun visiting with friends.  Slept in Friday (see Isaiah's post!).

Makenzie
Continued to do well in school.  Enjoyed gymnastics and won the "Count-Down" game on the balance beam.  Attended American Heritage Girls troop meeting and finally got her new uniform!

In church today, she made a list of what she does because she is a Child of God.  WOW!  I got the chills reading the list!!!



Hailey
Had a great week in school.  Is getting very good at math.  We're still working through the lower-case alphabet.  Had fun at gymnastics and American Heritage Girls.  She beat Daddy in a game of Scrabble Jr!

Isaiah
Reaffirmed that Mommy MUST get up before the children!  



And taught Mommy that we are spending too much time on school and need to work faster!


 Riley
Continues to be the clown of the family.  Eats like we are starving her.  On Saturday, she somehow managed to fit an entire banana in her mouth...at once.  If there is food on the plate, she wants it in her mouth!

Here she is chillin' at church today.



 Special School Stuff
For history, we learned about Medieval India.  Then the girls made sand paintings.    They wrote their name and added the details with pencil.  Then we added glue and sand.  While they were doing it, Isaiah woke up from his nap and insisted on doing on as well.  He scribbled his picture, then I helped him write his name.  HE picked out the colors and was VERY CLEAR about what went where!  Here are the final products.


Well..that's a week in our life!





3 comments:

  1. hahahaha! That video is adorable and hilarious!! Ohh the things kids get into. They're lucky they're so cute! I'm glad you had fun at the RS activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah's face is PRICELESS sitting there on the floor, looking up like "What mom?" HAHAH! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonna...I get that "What mom?" face WAY too often for it to be effective anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete