After a 6-month break (for various reasons), I'm back to blogging.
For my first post, I'm going to share my New Year's Resolutions.
1. Try to update our blog each Sunday.
Posting about 1 week of events shouldn't be too overwhelming or time consuming. I've also decided to just have the one blog. It was too confusing trying to decided what was a "Family Blog" post and what was a "Homeschool Post". I guess that is a good sign that homeschooling has become a way of life rather than an hour in the day!
2. Get into better shape.
To do this, Spencer and I have joined the YMCA's Team Lean competition. I am going to return going to the gym daily and taking the aerobics/weight classes that I enjoy. Plus, we have moved to a complete whole-foods diet. We are following the 10-day challenge (http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/) for the 10-weeks of the competition. I hope that by after the 10 weeks, we will both be much healthier, stronger, and used to the whole foods diet enough that it has become our lifestyle!
3. Follow a better routine.
I am going to set my alarm and get up every morning at 6:30am. That will get me up and moving before most of my kids are awake. I will be able to make breakfast for Spencer and the kids. We should be able to get a bunch of schooling done in the morning, head to the gym, more schooling, eat lunch, finish up schooling, and then play until Daddy gets home!
Well...I think that is about it. I hope to add pictures next week, but the picture function isn't working right now.
Time to go cuddle on the coach and watch a movie with the family!





I love your goals and how streamlined they are. I was just sitting down to write my goals and there are like 50 of them...do you think I'll ever get to all of them? Hmmmm. =) I'm really interested in the whole foods challenge, I'm going to go check that out right now!
ReplyDeleteGreat realistic goals! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, amiga! Love the goals! Mine is to become a scriptorian in one year! Super realistic, right?! hehe
ReplyDelete