Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2012 Bridge Run

Our entire family participated in the 10th Annual Bridge Run.  Spencer had Isaiah in the backpack and I had Riley in the Bjorn.  Makenzie walked the ENTIRE bridge herself.  I helped Hailey up the bridge and she was able to run down herself.

And then...I had trouble walking for the next 2 days!!!

At the top of the bridge, they had a band playing and a port-a-potty!!!  Hailey stopped to try it out on the way back.

Makenzie asked the band to play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  She really tired and was starting to loose her morale.  The band sang the song and it TOTALLY picked up her spirits.  It was pretty cool to be standing at the top, hearing "up above the world so high", and to watch how excited and special Makenzie felt to hear the band sing her song!

After the race, the kids stretched.  Everyone got a kick out of Isaiah following along.

Then, the kids that couldn't walk another step...suddenly had the energy to dance!!!

It was TOTALLY worth it and we are all looking forward to next year's run.












No comments:

Post a Comment