My husband works with several Frenchmen. Tonight, Xavier and his wife Apolline invited us over for dinner. It was wonderful. Their house is BEAUTIFUL!!! Apolline likes to sew and everything had a touch of hand-made that tied everything together. She even made slip-covers for the stroller and such. Their little girl, Louise, is SO CUTE...but was not very sure about all the wierd strangers in her house. She was very confused by the other children, but seemed to enjoy watching them. Apolline showed me her sewing room. She has a super-big table from Ikea (yes...I don't know how to spell) that would be AWESOME to quilt on...way jealous. She sews alot of Louise's baby clothes and they are super cute. She has a book for patterns and uses tissue paper (think gift bags with lots of tissue paper) to trace the patterns and then they are disposible. Great idea! I'd never thought of that. Now I want to try making some clothes....hummm....
You spelled Ikea totally right! :) I wish I had sewing skills because homemade things are super cute (and of course original!)
ReplyDeletePS Missed you guys today. Hope you're doing well! :) You know we live right down the road if you ever need anything.
ReplyDelete