Sunday, October 4, 2009

UF Butterfly Garden

On the Sunday after the Jacksonville Quilt Show, my parents took us to the UF Butterly Garden in Gainseville, FL. We met my cousin Jennie and her son Evan there. We had an great time exploring the gardens. The flowers were beautiful. The paths meandered around and over a nice little stream with several little waterfalls. And then there were the THOUSANDS of butterflies flying everywhere. We all had lots of fun until it closed at 5 pm. Then we went to the Mellow Mushroom for dinner. YUM!

Here are the 4 of us. It is impossible to get a good picture of all 4 at the same time! I know my mom has been trying for 29 years!

Makenzie...the budding photographer. Jennie hasn't had a child drop and break her camera yet, so she let Makenzie use her camera to take pictures.

Hailey with the best seat in the house...Grandpa's Shoulders!


Grams and Hailey. Hailey didn't get much of a nap, so she was a little grumpy.


The butterflies LOVED Hailey...but she wouldn't hold still when they landed. And of course, the refused to land on Makenzie.

Hailey checking out the flowers. She studies everything.

And the littlest one...Isaiah. He is doing WONDERFULLY! Butterflies landed on his head a couple of times. He loved watching them flying all around. And of course...he loved the cuddle time with Grams.







3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad you e-mailed me about this! I would love to keep tabs on your darling family this way! We miss you guys and it looks like we have some good news (at least, we consider it good news...hopefully you will too...) coming your way! I'll e-mail you soon, I'm just getting back from a trip and trying to get my life back together. Anyway, yay for blogging! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't believe how big all the kids are! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the butterfly garden. I remember how much fun we had visiting the ones over in Europe. Hope things are going well for you. I am busy with work, but I absolutely love it!! Love you guys, Michelle (and Ryan, Nate and Izzy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! Super cute Halloween background. :)

    ReplyDelete